Guided Walking tour of the historic center of Catania including Typical Sicilian products Tasting.
Walking through centuries of history, culture, tradition: between Catholic churches, baroque palaces and Norman castles.
Exploring the history and culture of the wonderful city of Catania.
The tour starts from Via Vittorio Emanuele with a visit of Piazza Dusmet and its wonderful Catholic Church of San Francesco D’Assisi. Continuing along Via Crociferi, among the baroque palaces you will admire the Roman theater, completely restored in the 2nd century.
You will then walk towards Piazza Duomo, where you will admire the beautiful Palazzo degli Elefanti, the Cathedral of S. Agata and the statue of the “Sicilian Liotro”, the elephant symbol of the city.
After that we will pay a visit at the famous fish market in Catania, a mix of tradition and folklore that will amaze you with the colorful fish counters. On your return we will visit the Ursino Castle, a Norman jewel built in 1250 by Frederick II of Swabia. The Tour ends with a tasting of typical Sicilian products.
- During the tour an English-speaking guide will accompany you all the time
- Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- Children under 12 years pay 5 euro less.
- Children under 4 years free.
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
- The Tour leaves every Thursday from April to September. The minimum number of participants for the tour is 10.