Etna and Taormina Tour – Etna Excursion
Daily Tours to volcano Etna. We will pick you up at your accommodation with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction Mount Etna. In the afternoon we will head to Taormina.
Etna and Taormina Tour: Highlights
- Enjoy a complete experience discovering Mount Etna.
- Have an off-road adventure in a 4x4.
- Discover a real lava cave with helmets and torches.
- Enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch in a picturesque setting.
- 1,5 hours free walk in Taormina
Daily Tours to volcano Etna. We will pick you up at your accommodation with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, partially off-road, over cold lava streams we will cross hundreds of years old forests and make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied by our English-speaking guide at all time.
The excursion includes an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and a visit of the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave, where ice was produced centuries ago.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the variety of plants and animals that populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about Mount Etna vegetation and wildlife. The last stop before lunch are the cold lava streams at Piano Provenzana, which had been destroyed during the last big eruption.
You will then enjoy typical Sicilian food at a chalet.
In the afternoon we will head to Taormina. During your unguided free walk of approx. 1 hour you will have the time to explore the historically rich town, founded 1300 b.c. by the Sicles and later affected by the Greeks and the Romans. Here you can visit the Greek-Roman amphitheatre, the dome, the piccolo teatro Odeon, Palazzo Corvaia and have a stroll on the famous Corso Umberto. On the main piazza you will have the most beautiful panoramic view over the Sicilian coast-line.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed off-road and hikings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: 1 small bottle of water per person included and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc.
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team
Etna Summit Trekking Tour
Duration: 8 hours
Trek to the top of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe with an expert guide and admire the beauty of Mount Etna and the surroundings from the summit craters. Our excursion to the summit craters is the top of trekking Etna, in Sicily.