Mount Etna Tours: Etna Jeep Tour
Daily Etna Tours to the highest volcano in Europe. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sicily with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction to Mount Etna.
During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, partially off-road, we will cross old lava fields as well as hundreds of years old forests. We will make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied all the time by our English-speaking guide.
- Enjoy a complete experience discovering Mount Etna.
- Have an off-road adventure in a 4x4.
- Discover a real lava cave with helmets and torches.
- Enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch in a picturesque setting. (Full-day)
- Visit the famous Alcantara Gorges and take a refreshing swim. (Full-day)
Mount Etna Half day Tour
The half-day excursion includes an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and a visit of the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and visiting a real lava cave equipped with helmets and flashlights, where ice was produced centuries ago, you will enjoy an unforgettable experience.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the great variety of flora and fauna: plants and animals which populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about the vegetation and the wildlife of Mount Etna. Our last stop of the half-day tour will be around the cold lava streams of Piano Provenzana, which has been destroyed during the last big eruption of 2002.
Mount Etna Full day Tour
If you book a full day trip, you will have the same morning program as for the half-day tour but you will also enjoy typical Sicilian food at a chalet and visit the famous Alcantara Gorges. A giant basaltic lava river flowed in this area during the early years of the volcano development (around 500.000 years ago). Day by day the icy water corroded the old lava and formed a long canyon – known as the Alcantara Gorges. This is an amazing place for experience a special walk during the summertime or for a refreshing swim.
On the way to the canyon we will pass by the idyllic Sicilian mountain village Castiglione di Sicilia and we will see Motta Camastra from the distance, which is situated on a slope. At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your accommodation.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed tour of hikes and off-road
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and suitable for everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, bathing suit (if you have booked the full day tour and want to swim in Alcantara river) a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: Entrance fee to the Alcantara Gorges (in full-day tour) 1 small bottle of water per person and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Etna Tours from Catania / Etna Tours from Taormina
Pickup service: In the area around Taormina and and Catania the pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, campsite, pension, holiday cottage, railway station, port, etc. are included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- If you are staying outside the area of Catania or Taormina it is also possible to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Sicilian specialities will be served: Typical Sicilian appetizer, Main course Pasta, dessert, Water, bread, wine and coffee.
If you have any food requests ( vegetarians) or health problems (allergy etc), please let us know.
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
FREE Cancellation until 24 hours before tour begin
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc.
Etna Cable car Tour
Duration: 8 hours
Visiting the hot smoking craters, which were born after the 2002-2003 eruption. Back at Rifugio Sapienza, you’ll have a traditional Sicilian lunch. Afterwards the tour ends with an exploration of a real lava cave equipped with helmets and torches.