Mount Etna Tours and Etna Excursions
Mount Etna Emotion 3000 Tour – Etna Cable Car Tour
Discover the highest, active volcano in Europe on a day-trip from Catania or Taormina in a 4×4 vehicle with an expert guide.
Take a cable car to the top of Mount Etna to witness the craters at the summit area and admire the stunning views below. Explore a real lava cave with helmets and torches and enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch.
Etna Emotion 3000 Tour: Highlights
- Cable car and a special 4x4 vehicle to reach 2950 meters included
- Admire the breathtaking views below from a height of 3000 meters
- Discover a real lava cave with helmets and torches.
- Enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch in a picturesque setting.
Daily Etna Tours to the highest volcano in Europe. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sicily with our comfortable air-conditioned vehicles and head in direction to Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, we will pass the small towns of Pedara, Nicolosi, Zafferana Etnea and cold lava fields, which were formed during the years. You will reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna” where the Emotion Etna 3000 m tour begins.
You will reach an altitude of 2500 m by cable car. Afterwards you will get up to 2900 m with special unimog vehicles. The area at the foot of the main crater, where you will be, is called “Torre del Filosofo”. From here you will have a stunning view over the Mediterranean, if the weather permits.
A competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide will accompany you during a approx. 40 minutes tour, visiting the hot smoking craters, born after the 2002-2003 eruption. Back at Rifugio Sapienza, you’ll have a traditional Sicilian lunch at a chalet. Afterwards, equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave.
At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your accommodation.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals. On summit, included competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide
- Type of Excursion: Mixed tour of hikes and off-road
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and suitable for everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: Inclusive of cable car ticket and “UNIMOG” jeep, 1 small bottle of water per person and equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch for the visit of a lava cave
- Pickup service: In the area around Taormina and and Catania the pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, campsite, pension, holiday cottage, railway station, port, etc. are included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay 15 euro less and Children under 5 years pay 65 euro less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- SMALL GROUPS: normally 6-16 participants
- VULCANOLOGICAL GUIDE: Including competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Sicilian specialities will be served: Typical Sicilian appetizer, Main course Pasta, dessert, Water, bread, wine and coffee. If you have any food requests ( vegetarians) or health problems (allergy etc), please let us know.
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc.
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team
Etna Summit Trekking Tour
Duration: 8 hours
Trek to the top of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe with an expert guide and admire the beauty of Mount Etna and the surroundings from the summit craters. Our excursion to the summit craters is the top of trekking Etna, in Sicily.