Walk to highest viewpoint on Mount Etna
Reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna” in our vehicles, passing the small towns of Pedara and Nicolosi and cold lava fields. Here you will have the chance to climb and visit the “Silvestri craters”, before you get on the cablecar, which takes you up to the 8200 feet high viewpoint “la Montagnola”. From there special off-road vehicles will take you to the “Torre del Filosofo” at the height of 9580 feet.
Competent guides will accompany you during a ca. 40 minutes tour, visiting the new crater, born after the 2001-2002 eruption. In case of eruption you will have the chance to see lava flows.
- Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA, of course!
- On request we can provide child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- In the area range of Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, rented house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car)
- Including 1 small bottle of water per person, and if scheduled: equipment such as trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Pick up outside of Catania (e.g. Taormina, Syracuse etc.) on request
- Children under 12 years pay 10 euro less
- Inclusive of cable car and special jeep
- Rental of trekking shoes on request. € 5,00
- €199,00 per person (min. 2 persons)
- €169,00 per person (min. 3 persons)
- €149,00 per person (min. 4 persons)
The price includes EURO 60,00 / person cost of cable car and Unimog
Prices are inclusive of taxes and insurance
FREE Cancellation until 6:00 pm one day before the tour