Mount Etna Tours and Etna Excursions
Cable Car Ticket Price included
Mount Etna Summit Crater Trekking 3350m
Explore the highest active volcano in Europe with an experienced guide. After the cable car ride and the impressive hike to the summit, you can admire the fascinating beauty of Mount Etna and the surrounding area with its summit craters.
Etna Summit Trekking: Highlights
- Ride with the cable car up to 2500 meters
- Trekking Tour through lava fields to the highest point possible on Mount Etna
- Enjoy the breath-taking view from 3350 meters
- English-speaking Guide
- Best summit trekking experience on Mount Etna
Trekking itinerary Etna summit craters:
Mount Etna is one of the most popular destinations for demanding hikers. The beauty of this spectacular terrain created by the forces of nature impresses everyone. Explore this unique landscape with our summit trekking tour.
After picking you up at your accommodation, you will reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna-South” with our comfortable vehicles. Already on the way, we will pass some beautiful Etna villages like Pedara and Nicolosi and you will see centuries-old lava fields. Once arrived at the Rifugio, the adventurous Trekking Summit Tour begins.
Due to the “skip-the-line-tickets” you will reach relaxed 2500 meters with the cable car.
The first stop will be at the active crater of the year 2002, overlooking the big and old caldera “Valle del Bove”. The trekking part of this adventure starts here and will take you up to 3350 meters – the highest point of Mount Etna.
On the way up, accompanied by an English speaking alpine guide, you will learn more about the volcano and its history and you will enjoy a unique view of the Ionian Sea. Now, you are in a moon-like environment, on the highest point of Sicily.
On the rim of the summit crater, you will see a unique black, yellow and smoking landscape. If you’re lucky, you’ll even hear the rumble of the volcano. Certainly, you will never forget this extraordinary feeling.
Afterwards we will descend on pyroclastic sand on the sides of the main crater and pass by the famous crater of the year 2001. After returning by cable car to Rifugio we will drive back to your accommodation.
Conditions of the offer: It is a group tour that will be offered only with a minimum of 5 participants.
Etna summit Trekking details
- Type of trekking Etna: ring (the same starting and ending point).
- Stages: Sapienza Refuge – craters 2002 – view Valle del Bove – summit craters – crater 2001 – back.
- Elevation: approximately + 400m, -9000m, over 11km.
- Travel time: approximately 7 hours, 09h00 – 16h00.
- Altitude: 1920m> 2500m by cable car, 2500m> 2920m by 4 × 4 bus and trek to Etna summit.
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Recommended equipment: UV3 sunglasses, hiking shoes, gloves, hat, sunscreen, 3-layer clothing (for different temperatures during the tour), water and a lunch packet (please note: it is no lunch included)
Trekking Etna 3350 reserved for +12 years old (accompanied by parents)
The excursion to the summit crater zone is dangerous, forbidden to those with heart diseases and asthma. The hike takes approx. 5 hours. You should be well equipped, you shouldn’t have physical health problems, joint pain or suffer from dizziness.
The itineraries are subject to change depending on weather conditions and the geodynamic activity of the volcano, in addition to possible eruptive activity, the risk is represented by cold, thunderstorms, lightning and fog.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about flora and fauna.
- What’s also included: Cable car ticket
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off (approx at 07:00 am) at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at Cableway departure – “Etna Sud” (at 08:50 am) (in case you travel with your own car).
- VULCANOLOGICAL GUIDE: Including competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide
Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
Give this as a gift:
Place your order by phone or email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Mount Etna Summit TrekkingDuration: 8 hours Difficulty: Moderate
€ 120 per person
€ 175 per person
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc. Contact us for more information
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team