Mount Etna Tours and Etna Excursions
Mount Etna Summit Crater Trekking 3350m
Trek to the top of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe with an expert guide and admire the beauty of Mount Etna and the surroundings from the summit craters. Our excursion to the summit craters is the top of trekking Etna, in Sicily.
The beauty of this spectacular painting created by the forces of nature leaves hikers completely without breath. This memory will never be erased. Throughout the day a guide will describe in English the places visited. The emotion once arrived at the top is strong, unforgettable.
Etna Summit Trekking Tour: Highlights
- Cable car and a special 4x4 vehicle to reach 2950 meters included
- Visit the active craters of the highest volcano in Europe
- Hike through lava fields and get stunning views from 3,300 meters above sea level
- Discover a real lava cave with helmets and torches.
Trekking itinerary Etna summit craters:
We will take the cable car from a height of 1920m to reach 2500m altitude. Here we will drive up by 4×4 unimog’s to 2920 m. The first stop will be made at the hot crater of 2002, which overlooks the big and old caldera “Valle del Bove”. Our Trekking to the craters of the summit starts here, reaching about 3350 meters. You will find yourself in a lunar landscape on the highest point of Sicily. In addition, we will make a descent on the craters of pyroclastic sand. We will pass by the famous crater of 2001 and from here begins our descent by cable car to the altitude of 1920m and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave.
Conditions of the offer: The Tour is available from May to September. It is a group tour that will be offered only with a minimum of 5 participants.
Etna summit Trekking details
- Type of trekking Etna: ring (the same starting and ending point).
- Stages: Sapienza Refuge – craters 2002 – view Valle del Bove – summit craters – crater 2001 – back.
- Elevation: approximately + 500m, -1000m, over 12km.
- Travel time: approximately 7 hours, 09h00 – 16h00.
- Altitude: 1920m> 2500m by cable car, 2500m> 2920m by 4 × 4 bus and trek to Etna summit.
- Difficulty: very difficult level.
- Recommended equipment: UV3 sunglasses, hiking shoes, gloves, hat, sunscreen, 3-layer clothing (for different temperatures during the tour), water and food.
Trekking Etna 3350 reserved for +12 years old (accompanied by parents)
The excursion to the summit crater zone is dangerous, forbidden to those with heart diseases and asthma.
The itineraries are subject to change depending on weather conditions and the geodynamic activity of the volcano, in addition to possible eruptive activity, the risk is represented by cold, thunderstorms, lightning and fog.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- What’s also included: Inclusive of cable car ticket and “UNIMOG” jeep, 1 small bottle of water per person and equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch for the visit of a lava cave
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- VULCANOLOGICAL GUIDE: Including competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc.
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team