Visit Mount Etna in eruption
Tour description: Etna Eruption Tour
The Etna is an active volcano and this means that eruptions can occur at all times. Should you be lucky and be in Sicily at that particular time, we recommend our nighttime excursion, to admire the explosions and fresh lava streams from nearby.
A nighttime excursion during an eruption is the best occasion to experience an unforgettable show on the Etna. We’ll reach our starting point on the volcano with an all-terrain vehicle and from there we will start our hike to the viewpoint.
The excursion includes pick up and drop-off at your accomodation in the area of Catania or Taormina, drive-up to the starting point of our hike and an experienced English-speaking guide, who will explain you the aspects of the volcano and the eruption.
Info Etna Eruption Tour
- Guide: During the tour a guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: 1 small bottle of water per person included and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Check the current state of the Etna Video surveillance of the volcano Etna (External website, INGV Catania)
Etna Eruption Tour: Prices & booking
Prices are inclusive of taxes and insurance
No hidden fees – All inclusive
On request we also offer private tours. Driver and guide are exclusively at your disposal.
Also on request pick up from outside of Catania and Taormina area, e.g. Syracuse / Sigonella