Etna Tour at 3000m – Etna Cable car tour
Excursion to the highest viewpoint on Mount Etna
Daily Etna Tours to the highest volcano in Europe. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sicily with our comfortable air conditioned vehicles and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, we will pass the small towns of Pedara, Nicolosi, Zafferana Etnea and cold lava fields formed over the years, you will reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna”. Here the Emotion Etna 3000 m begins.
By cable car you will reach an altitude of 2500 m and will eventually get up to 2900 m by special unimog vehicles. The area you will find yourself in now, is called “Torre del Filosofo” at the foot of the main crater. From here you will have a stunning view over the Mediterranean, if weather permitting.
A competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide will accompany you during a approx. 40 minutes tour, visiting the hot smoking craters, born after the 2002-2003 eruption. Back at Rifugio Sapienza, you’ll have a traditional Sicilian lunch at a chalet. Afterwards, equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave.
At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your accommodation.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed off-road and hikings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals. On summit, included competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, bathing suit (if you have booked the full day tour and want to swim in Alcantara river)a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- Children: Children under 12 years pay 15 euro less and Children under 5 years pay 65 euro less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- What’s also included: Inclusive of cable car ticket and “UNIMOG” jeep, 1 small bottle of water per person and equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch for the visit of a lava cave
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Excursions Etna Prices