Mount Etna Jeep Tour – Etna 4×4 Excursions
Discover Europe’s highest volcano with a Mount Etna Jeep Tour. You will visit old and new lava flows, an impressive volcanic landscape and the Alcantara-Gorge during the off-road part with the jeep as well as during an easy hike – always accompanied by an English-speaking guide. Mount Etna Tours
Mount Etna Jeep Tour: Highlights
- Experience an off-road adventure with a 4x4 vehicle
- Take a hike along the old and new lava flows
- Equipped with helmets and flashlights you will explore a lava cave
- Enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch (full day tour)
- Visit the famous Alcantara-Gorge (full day tour)
- English-speaking guide
Mount Etna Half day Tour
(approx. from 09:00am to 03:00pm)
Ready for a completely different kind of off-road Jeep tour adventure? Discover one of the most active volcanoes in the world with our Etna Jeep Tour. We will pick you up at your accommodation with one of our off-road vehicles (including the popular Land Rover 110) and heading in the direction of the volcano.
We are passing idyllic Sicilian villages and some of Sicily’s most famous wine-growing regions and whilst gaining altitude, you will learn a lot about the country, the population and their culture. You will certainly remember the impressive play of colours of the black lava and the extraordinary vegetation on Mount Etna. As we pass by the lava flows of recent years, we will see centuries-old forests and we will stop at some of the most beautiful places on Mount Etna. During an easy hike of approx. 45 min. on the craters in the surrounding, you will see the unique landscape with the old and new lava.
Of course, a competent English-speaking guide will accompany you during this guided trip on Mount Etna and you will learn a lot about the history of the volcano with its myths and the current situation there. You will continue the adventurous jeep tour on an off-road track through the pine forests and you will get further insight into the unique and diverse flora and fauna which inhabits the lava rocks.
Like the speleologists, you will be equipped with helmets and flashlights to explore one of the famous lava caves on foot with your guide. These caves were created by a lava flow and they still have special properties. Centuries ago, residents close to Mount Etna used these caves for the ice production.
As the last stop of the half-day tour we will drive to the hardened lava flows, which destroyed the local ski lift during the last big eruption.
Mount Etna Full day Tour
(approx. from 09:00am to 06:30pm)
If you decided to do the Full Day Jeep Tour, a typical Sicilian lunch awaits you in a mountain chalet on Mount Etna. With traditional antipasti, pasta of the season and a delicious dessert, accompanied by water, Sicilian wine and a good coffee you will get to know the local cuisine. Well-rested, the adventure continues to the famous Alcantara-Gorge, which was formed thousands of years ago in the north of the volcano by a lava flow. Along the way, we drive through the famous Sicilian mountain village “Castiglione di Sicilia”. There you will get to see one of Sicily’s most famous wine-growing regions and you will enjoy an impressive view along the wine route.
After your arrival at the Alcantara-Gorge, you will discover the crystal-clear mountain river, which flows between the basaltic rocks. The rock formations are unique, as the lava cooled faster due to the cold water. During the summer season you will have the opportunity, to wade barefoot through the very cold water or to take a refreshing bath.
After all these unforgettable impressions we will return to your accommodation.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed tour of hikes and off-road
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and suitable for everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, bathing suit (if you have booked the full day tour and want to swim in Alcantara river) and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: Entrance fee to the Alcantara Gorges (in full-day tour) equipment like trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Etna Tours from Catania / Etna Tours from Taormina
Pickup service: In the area around Taormina and and Catania the pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, campsite, pension, holiday cottage, railway station, port, etc. are included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- If you are staying outside the area of Catania or Taormina it is also possible to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
Meal (Full Day tour):
Sicilian specialities will be served: Typical Sicilian appetizer, Main course Pasta, dessert, Water, bread, wine and coffee. If you have any food requests like vegetarian meal or health problems (allergy etc), please let us know in advance,
Give this as a gift:
Place your order by phone or email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Etna 4x4 Half-day TourDuration: 5 hours Difficulty: Easy
€ 59 per person
€ 68 per person
Etna 4x4 Full-day TourDuration: 8 hours Difficulty: Easy
€ 98 per person
€ 108 per person
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc. Contact us for more information
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team