Etna Excursions from cruise ship in Messina
Discover Europe’s highest volcano during a shore excursion with our Mount Etna Jeep Tour from the port of Messina.
You will visit old and new lava flows, an impressive volcanic landscape during the off-road part with the jeep as well as during an easy hike – always accompanied by an English-speaking guide. Mount Etna Tours from Messina
Etna Excursions from cruise ship in Messina: Highlights
- Experience an off-road adventure with a 4x4 vehicle
- Take a hike along the old and new lava flows
- Equipped with helmets and flashlights you will explore a lava cave
- English-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off – Port of Messina
During this shore excursion for cruise ship passengers from Messina you will have the perfect mix of an adventurous Jeep experience and the Sicilian culture. Discover one of the most active volcanoes in the world with our Etna Jeep Tour. We will pick you up at the Port of Messina with one of our off-road vehicles (including the popular Land Rover 110) and heading in the direction of the volcano.
We are passing idyllic Sicilian villages and some of Sicily’s most famous wine-growing regions and whilst gaining altitude, you will learn a lot about the country, the population and their culture. You will certainly remember the impressive play of colours of the black lava and the extraordinary vegetation on Mount Etna. As we pass by the lava flows of recent years, we will see centuries-old forests and we will stop at some of the most beautiful places on Mount Etna. During an easy hike of approx. 45 min. on the craters in the surrounding, you will see the unique landscape with the old and new lava.
Of course, a competent English-speaking guide will accompany you during this guided trip on Mount Etna and you will learn a lot about the history of the volcano with its myths and the current situation there. You will continue the adventurous jeep tour on an off-road track through the pine forests and you will get further insight into the unique and diverse flora and fauna which inhabits the lava rocks.
Like the speleologists, you will be equipped with helmets and flashlights to explore one of the famous lava caves on foot with your guide. These caves were created by a lava flow and they still have special properties. Centuries ago, residents close to Mount Etna used these caves for the ice production.
As the last stop of the half-day tour we will drive to the hardened lava flows, which destroyed the local ski lift during the last big eruption.
After all these unforgettable impressions we will return to your cruise in Messina.
Does your cruise ship stop at the port of Catania?
Click here: Etna Excursions from cruise ship in Catania
- Including experienced English speaking guide
- Including equipment like trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Including Pick-up and drop-off at the port of Messina
- The tour is easy and suitable for everyone.
- Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- Trekking shoes can be rented on request for EUR 5.00/pair
- Wind jacket can be purchased on request for EUR 20.00/piece
- Your gift voucher: Place your order by phone or email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Shore Etna 4x4 Excursions From MessinaDuration: 6/7 hours Difficulty: Easy
€ 125 per person
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team