Visit the biggest volcano un Europe with us
Let us show you our Etna during an exciting shore excursion
We recommend our shore excursion to guests, who arrive by cruise line ship in Messina.
We will pick you up at the port of Messina and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano along cold lava streams we will cross hundreds of years old forests and make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied by our English-speaking guide at all time.
We will be wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave, where ice was produced centuries ago.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the variety of plants and animals that populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about Mount Etna vegetation and wildlife. The last stop of our shore tour are the cold lava streams at Piano Provenzana, which had been destroyed during the last big eruption.Port of call Catania ?
- Pick up takes place at the exit port We will wait for you at the stated time. You will recognize us through our nametag.
- Times from pickup and return depend on the schedule of the ships, which are reported in our confirmation.
- During the tour a guide will explain you the most interesting Volcano’s eruptive phenomena and give news about plants and animals.
- Tours are easy and accessible to anyone.
- On request we can provide child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- We recommend trekking shoes, adequate clothes related to the weather, a bottle of water and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA, of course!
On request we also offer “private” trips. Vehicle and travel companion are exclusively available for you.
Also available the Shore Visit of Taormina from Messina port
Next scheduled arrivals at port Messina
Of course our service is open to cruise ships which berth during the night or in the early morning, not only in Messina but also in Catania, Taormina or Naxos.