Adventure and amusement on a Jeep Tour to Mount Etna combined with a wine tasting
With our well-equipped all-terrain vehicles, we’ll go up Mount Etna, partially off-road, over cold lava streams. We will admire hundreds years old forests and visit the most beautiful sites of the volcano. Then we’ll go on an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and we’ll visit the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows and walking on secondary craters you will enjoy an unforgettable experience. Equipped with helmets and flashlight we will visit a real lava cave, where ice was produced centuries ago.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the variety of plants and animals that populate our active Volcano. Walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about Etna vegetation and wildlife. Afterwards we’ll head towards a wine cellar, where you will visit the vineyard and production facilities and eventually taste ETNA DOC wines and Sicilian specialties.
After the visit of the vineyard and the wine tasting a light lunch will be served. The menu consists of a selection of typical antipasti, a first dish (pasta or soup) á la siciliana, fresh vegetables of the season, dessert, fruit, espresso, water and 1 selected wine.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed off-road and hikings, Wine Tasting
- Difficulty: Easy
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, bathing suit (if you have booked the full day tour and want to swim in Alcantara river)a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- What’s also included: Entrance fee to the Alcantara Gorges included (in full-day tour) 1 small bottle of water per person included and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Price related to groups of 4-6 people.
On request possibility to plan the visit of the wine cellar without jeep tour.