Mount Etna Tours and Etna Excursions
Mount Etna Wine Tour – Etna Wine Tasting
Adventure and culinary delight – the Mount Etna Wine Tour is the perfect combination. After exploring the Etna off-road and on foot you will visit a wine cellar “Cantina” on the slopes of Mount Etna and taste some delicious Etna DOC wines with your English-speaking Guide.
Mount Etna Wine Tour: Highlights
- Have an off-road adventure in a 4x4.
- Take a hike along the old and new lava flows
- Discover a real lava cave with helmets and torches.
- Visit of the wine cellar “Cantina” on the slopes of Mount Etna
- Enjoy the Etna DOC wine tasting and the Sicilian lunch
Discover one of the most active volcanoes in the world and the mystery of Sicilian wines with the Mount Etna Wine Tour. We will pick you up at your accommodation with one of our off-road vehicles (including the popular Land Rover 110) and heading in the direction of the volcano.
We are passing idyllic Sicilian villages and some of Sicily’s most famous wine-growing regions and whilst gaining altitude, you will learn a lot about the country, the population and their culture. You will certainly remember the impressive play of colours of the black lava and the extraordinary vegetation on Mount Etna. As we pass by the lava flows of recent years, we will see centuries-old forests and we will stop at some of the most beautiful places on Mount Etna. During an easy hike of approx. 45 min. on the craters in the surrounding, you will see the unique landscape with the old and new lava.
Of course, a competent English-speaking guide will accompany you during this guided trip on Mount Etna and you will learn a lot about the history of the volcano with its myths and the current situation there. You will continue the adventurous jeep tour on an off-road track through the pine forests and you will get further insight into the unique and diverse flora and fauna which inhabits the lava rocks.
Like the speleologists, you will be equipped with helmets and flashlights to explore one of the famous lava caves on foot with your guide. These caves were created by a lava flow and they still have special properties. Centuries ago, residents close to Mount Etna used these caves for the ice production.
As one of the last stops of the Jeep part we will drive to the hardened lava flows, which destroyed the local ski lift during the last big eruption.
Thereafter we are driving to the Sicilian “Cantina”, surrounded by vineyards with a stunning view. You will visit the production sites and you will learn a lot about the local wine production and the importance of Mount Etna in this context. Immerse yourself in the Sicilian culture, by tasting the Etna DOC wines, which have a special aroma due to the unique local conditions and the fertile soil on Mount Etna.
After the tasting of other Sicilian specialties, lunch will be served. The menu consists of a selection of typical antipasti, a first course (either pasta or traditional soup), seasonal fresh vegetables, Sicilian sweets, fruit, espresso and a selected wine.
Well rested and after all these unforgettable impressions we will return to your accommodation
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Type of Excursion: mix of hikes and off-road
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Pickup service: In the area around of Taormina and Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
Sicilian specialities will be served: Typical Sicilian appetizer, Main course Pasta, dessert, Water, bread, wine and coffee. If you have any food requests like vegetarian meal or health problems (allergy etc), please let us know in advance,
Give this as a gift:
Place your order by phone or email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Etna and Wine TourDuration: 8 hours Difficulty: Easy
€ 118 per person
€ 129 per person
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc. Contact us for more information
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team