Let us show you our Etna, on an up to five hours jeep tour.
Etna Shore Excursion for cruise ship passengers: Tour description
We recommend our half-day shore excursion to guests, who arrive by cruise line ship in Catania.
We will pick you up at the port of Catania with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, partially off-road, over cold lava streams we will cross hundreds of years old forests and make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied by our English-speaking guide at all time.
The shore excursion includes an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and a visit of the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave, where ice was produced centuries ago.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the variety of plants and animals that populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about Mount Etna vegetation and wildlife. The last stop of our half-day tour are the cold lava streams at Piano Provenzana, which had been destroyed during the last big eruption.
Port of call Messina ?
Info Etna Shore Excursion for cruise ship passengers
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed off-road and hikings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, bathing suit (if you have booked the full day tour and want to swim in Alcantara river) a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: Entrance fee to the Alcantara Gorges included (in full-day tour) 1 small bottle of water per person included and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Pickup service: including pickup/drop off Port Catania.
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
After the trip you would still have time to visit the baroque old town and the cathedral of Catania, which is about 10 minutes walk from the port.
- Trekking Shoes: Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
- Availability: We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
Etna for cruise ship passengers: Prices
Prices are inclusive of taxes and insurance
No hidden fees – All inclusive
Jeep Tour Etna – Shore Etna excursions for cruise ship passengers in Catania