Excursion to the highest viewpoint on Mount Etna
Daily Etna Tours to the highest volcano in Europe. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sicily with our comfortable air conditioned vehicles and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, we will pass the small towns of Pedara, Nicolosi, Zafferana Etnea and cold lava fields formed over the years, you will reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna”. Here the Emotion Etna 3000 m begins.
By cable car you will reach an altitude of 2500 m and will eventually get up to 2900 m by special unimog vehicles. The area you will find yourself in now, is called “Torre del Filosofo” at the foot of the main crater. From here you will have a stunning view over the Mediterranean, if weather permitting.
A competent guide will accompany you during a approx. 40 minutes tour, visiting the hot smoking craters, born after the 2002-2003 eruption. Back at Rifugio Sapienza, you’ll have a traditional Sicilian lunch at a chalet. Afterwards, equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave.
At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your accommodation.
- Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA, of course!
- On request we can provide child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- In the area range of Catania or Taormina pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, rented house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car)
- Including 1 small bottle of water per person, and if scheduled: equipment such as trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Pick up outside of Catania (e.g. Taormina, Syracuse etc.) on request
- Children under 12 years pay 15 euro less
- Children under 5 years pay 45 euro less
- Inclusive of cable car and special jeep
- Including visit of a lava cave
- Rental of trekking shoes on request. € 5,00
- Give this as a gift
Gift this tour!
After purchasing the tour you will receive a gift certificate that can be used within 12 months
- We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01