Catania Street Food and City Tour – Catania Fish market
With the Catania Street Food tour, you will have the best combination of culinary delight and sightseeing.
After the stops at the main spots in Catania, like the Piazza Duomo with its famous elephants-fountain and the Via Etnea, you will visit the word-renowned fish market with its Mediterranean atmosphere.
You will explore the special Sicilian food during your tasting of local products, like Arancini.
Catania Street Food Tour: Highlights
- Visit the beautiful baroque buildings in the city center of Catania
- Visit the ancient Piazza Duomo and learn a lot about the history
- Enjoy a tasting of Sicilian Arancini
- Explore the famous fish market
- Authorized English-speaking guide
COVID-19 security measures
- Body temperature check before departure
- Daily sanitization of vehicles
- Obligation to wear the mask on board the vehicles
- Sanitizing gel available to our guests
- Daily control of staff temperature and health
Explore the beautiful city center of Catania (Mount Etna’s black daughter) with its baroque architecture and its special history and indulge your passion for food. With your authorized English-speaking guide, you will visit the most famous spots in Catania, like the Piazza Duomo (UNESCO World Heritage) with the famous elephants-fountain and the black lava stones. The relaxed, loud and Sicilian lifestyle will impress you, while you are walking along the main street “Via Etnea” with the old baroque buildings.
You will learn a lot about the traditions, the history and the typical kitchen of Catania – and therefor, what’s a better example than the world-renowned fish market “Piscaria Mercato del Pesce” in the heart of the city near Piazza Duomo.
Here you will discover the most diverse smells of the fresh fish, fruits and Mediterranean foods. The smell and the sound of the fresh catch from the various stalls have become iconic. While you are strolling through the streets you will hear the fishmongers yell out the prices. In the middle of this unique scenario you will taste the Sicilian Arancini.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting facts about the city Catania and the food.
- Type of Excursion: walking tour
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and suitable for everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend, to wear comfortable shoes and a hat; to bring a bottle of water and your camera with you
- What’s also included: Englisch-speaking Guide, Sicilian Food Tasting
- Children: Children under 6 years are free of charge.
Conditions of the offer: The tour is available from April until October. It is a group tour that will be offered only with a minimum of 4 participants.
Give this as a gift:
Place your order by phone or email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team