Daily Tours to volcano Etna. We will pick you up at your accommodation with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, partially off-road, over cold lava streams we will cross hundreds of years old forests and make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied by our English-speaking guide at all time.
The excursion includes an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and a visit of the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave, where ice was produced centuries ago.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the variety of plants and animals that populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about Mount Etna vegetation and wildlife. The last stop before lunch are the cold lava streams at Piano Provenzana, which had been destroyed during the last big eruption.
You will then enjoy typical Sicilian food at a chalet.
In the afternoon we will head to Taormina. During your unguided free walk of approx. 1 hour you will have the time to explore the historically rich town, founded 1300 b.c. by the Sicles and later affected by the Greeks and the Romans. Here you can visit the Greek-Roman amphitheatre, the dome, the piccolo teatro Odeon, Palazzo Corvaia and have a stroll on the famous Corso Umberto. On the main piazza you will have the most beautiful panoramic view over the Sicilian coast-line.
- During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting Volcano’s eruptive phenomena and give news about plants and animals.
- Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- We recommend trekking shoes, adequate clothes related to the weather, bathing suit (if you have booked the full day tour and want to swim in Alcantara river)a bottle of water and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA, of course!
- On request we can provide child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- In the area range of Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, holiday house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car)..
- 1 small bottle of water per person inclusive and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Rental of trekking shoes on request. €5,00
- Give this as a gift
On request we also offer “private” trips. Vehicle and guide are exclusively available to you.