ECO GREEN Mount Etna Tour – Half-Day Etna Excursion
Responsible travel – 100% electric. Discover Europe’s largest volcano with our Eco Green Etna Tour. During the ride with our sustainable electric vehicles as well as during the easy and impressive hike, you will explore old and new lava flows, craters and an impressive volcanic landscape accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
ECO GREEN Etna Tour: Highlights
- 100% GREEN Tour on Mount Etna
- Take a hike along the old and new lava flows
- Equipped with helmets and flashlights you will explore a lava cave
- Insight into an impressive volcanic landscape without leaving a CO2 footprint.
- English-speaking guide
ECO GREEN Mount Etna Tour
(approx. from 10:00am to 03:00pm)
Sustainable and responsible travel – be part of the touristic transformation. With our Eco Green Mount Etna Tour you choose the most enjoyable experience, because they do good. It connects adventure with sustainabilty and preserves the unique nature on Mount Etna. Discover one of the most active volcanoes in the world with our Eco Green Tour. We will pick you up at your accommodation with one of our electric vans and are heading in the direction of the volcano.
We are passing idyllic Sicilian villages and some of Sicily’s most famous wine-growing regions and whilst gaining altitude, you will learn a lot about the country, the population and their culture. You will certainly remember the impressive play of colours of the black lava and the extraordinary vegetation on Mount Etna. As we pass by the lava flows of recent years, we will see centuries-old forests and we will stop at some of the most beautiful places on Mount Etna. We will also pass by one of the old houses which was destroyed by an eruption in the past. During an easy and impressive hike of approx. 1 hour on the craters in the surrounding, you will see the unique landscape with the old and new lava.
You will learn a lot about the history of the volcano with its myths and about the current situation during this guided trip on Mount Etna, always accompanied by your competent English-speaking guide. You will continue your electric tour through the pine forests and you will get further insight into the unique and diverse flora and fauna which inhabits the lava rocks. The Mount Etna park flora is extremely rich and varied, and shapes the landscape with its continuous changes.
Like the speleologists, you will be equipped with helmets and flashlights to explore one of the famous lava caves on foot with your guide. These caves were created by a lava flow and they still have special properties. Centuries ago, residents close to Mount Etna used these caves for the ice production.
As the last stop of our Eco Green half day experience we will drive to the hardened lava flows, which destroyed the local ski lift during the last big eruption.
After all these unforgettable impressions we will return to your accommodation.
Go-Etna is becoming CO2-neutral – Be part of our journey. For more information regarding our project “promise 2026” please click here.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the active volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Type of Excursion: Mixed tour of hikes and sightseeing
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: The tour is easy and suitable for everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather and don’t forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Etna Tours from Catania / Etna Tours from Taormina
Pickup service: In the area around Taormina and and Catania the pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, campsite, pension, holiday cottage, railway station, port, etc. are included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- If you are staying outside the area of Catania or Taormina it is also possible to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay EUR 10.00 less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
Buy a Windbreaker upon request, cost EUR 20.00/jacket
Give this as a gift:
Place your order via email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
GREEN Etna Half-day TourDuration: 5 hours Difficulty: Easy
€ 59 per person
€ 68 per person
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc. Contact us for more information
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team