Let us show you our Etna, on an up to five hours jeep tour.
We recommend our half-day shore excursion to guests, who arrive by cruise line ship in Catania.
We will pick you up at the port of Catania with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, partially off-road, over cold lava streams we will cross hundreds of years old forests and make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied by our English-speaking guide at all time.
The shore excursion includes an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and a visit of the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave, where ice was produced centuries ago.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the variety of plants and animals that populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about Mount Etna vegetation and wildlife. The last stop of our half-day tour are the cold lava streams at Piano Provenzana, which had been destroyed during the last big eruption.
Port of call Messina ?
- Pick up at the exit of the port (about 3 minutes walk from the pier of cruise ships, see port map an directions below). We will wait for you at the stated time. You will recognise us by our nametag.
- Times of pickup and return depend on the schedule of the ships, which are reported in our confirmation.
- During the tour an English-speaking tour guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the eruptive Volcano and will inform you about plants and animals.
- Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- On request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA, of course!
- 1 small bottle of water per person inclusive and if scheduled: equipment like trekking poles, helmet and torch
- Children under 12 years pay 10 euro less.
- Rental of trekking shoes on request. €5,00
- Give this as a gift
After the trip you would still have time to visit the baroque old town and the cathedral of Catania, which is about 10 minutes walk from the port.
Scheduled arrivals at port Catania
On request we also offer “private” trips. Vehicle and travel companion are exclusively available for you.
Jeep Tour Etna – Shore Etna excursions for cruise ship passengers in Catania