Mount Etna Tours and Etna Excursions
Mount Etna Emotion 3000 Tour – Etna Cable Car Tour
Reach 3000m altitude on the highest active volcano in Europe with an unforgettable cable car tour on Mount Etna.
Together with your English-speaking guide, you will explore the summit area and admire the active craters there. After a traditional Sicilian lunch, you will visit a lava cave. Mount Etna Cable car Tour
Mount Etna Summit Tour 3000 by Cable car and Unimog
Etna Emotion 3000 Tour: Highlights
- Ride with the cable car and the Unimog 4x4 vehicle up to 3000 meters
- Enjoy a breath-taking view from 3000 meters above sea level
- Explore the Sicilian cuisine with a typical lunch
- Equipped with helmets and flashlights you will visit a lava cave
- English-speaking guide
An incomparable and historic landscape combined with a view, which you will never forget, awaits you with this Etna cable car tour, on one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
After picking you up at your accommodation, you will reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna-South” with our comfortable vehicles. Already on the way, we will pass some beautiful Etna villages like Pedara and Nicolosi and you will see centuries-old lava fields. Once arrived at the Rifugio, the adventurous Etna Emotion 3000m Tour begins.
Due to the “skip-the-line-tickets” you will reach relaxed 2500 meters with the cable car. From this altitude your tour continues with the special Unimog vehicles to the summit area “Torre del Filosofo” at about 2920 meters
The area, which is named after the ruins of the shelter, built by the Greek philosopher Empedocles (according to the myths), offers a first fascination insight into the landscape of the volcano Etna with a breath-taking view of the turquoise blue Ionian Sea.
A continuously changing landscape – Mount Etna has erased many places in recent years, and others – that are still visible today – maybe tomorrow won’t be there anymore. Explore this unique place with a knowledgeable volcanologist and alpine guide and take a hike of 40 minutes near the still hot and smoking craters, which were created during eruptions in the years 2002-2003.
After an informative and impressive hike, you will return to the Rifugio Sapienza. A traditional Sicilian lunch awaits you there already. With traditional antipasti, pasta of the season and a delicious dessert, accompanied by water, Sicilian wine and a good coffee you will get to know the local cuisine.
Well-rested, after a short drive, you will visit one of the famous lava caves of Mount Etna. Like the speleologists, you will be equipped with helmets and flashlights to explore this interesting spot on foot with your guide and you will learn a lot about the history and origins of these caves, which were built by a lava flow.
After all these unforgettable impressions we will return to your accommodation.
- Guide: During the tour an English-speaking guide will explain you the most interesting phenomena of the active volcano and will inform you about flora and fauna. On summit, Also included competent alpine / vulcanological guide
- Type of Excursion: Mixed tour of hikes and off-road
- Difficulty: Easy
- Accessibility: Tours are easy and suitable for everyone.
- Recommendations: We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and do not forget your camera, of course!
- What’s also included: cable car ticket, “Unimog” 4×4 vehicle, 1 small bottle of water per person, equipment like trekking poles, helmet and flashlight for the visit of a lava cave
- Pickup service: In the area around Taormina and and Catania the pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, campsite, pension, holiday cottage, railway station, port, etc. are included. Possibility to meet us at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car).
- Children: Children under 12 years pay 15 euro less and Children under 5 years pay 65 euro less. Upon request we can provide a child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- SMALL GROUPS: normally 6-16 participants
- VULCANOLOGICAL GUIDE: Including competent Alpine / Vulcanological guide
Rental of trekking shoes upon request, cost EUR 5.00/pair
Sicilian specialities will be served: Typical Sicilian appetizer, Main course Pasta, dessert, Water, bread, wine and coffee. If you have any food requests like vegetarian meal or health problems (allergy etc), please let us know in advance,
Give this as a gift:
Place your order by phone or email ([email protected]) to get a gift voucher
We are open all year, except: 25.12 and 01.01
Prices & BookingNo hidden fees - All inclusive
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
On request, with a supplement, it is possible to request pick-up service also outside of Catania / Taormina, for example: Syracuse, Noto, Messina, etc. Contact us for more information
This tour is also available in a PRIVATE version. Driver, guide and vehicle will be available exclusively for you. Contact us for more information
Meet the Team
Mount Etna Helicopter Tour
Duration: 1/2 hours
Helicopter Etna Tour: If you think you have seen all of Mount Etna, you haven’t seen anything until you have seen the view from the sky. After exploring the side slopes of Mount Etna you will see the heart of the volcano – the smoky main crater on the top with the black and yellow landscape and the grey ash clouds.