Excursion to the highest viewpoint on Mount Etna
After a pleasant ride in our comfortable vehicles, passing the small towns of Pedara and Nicolosi and cold lava fields formed over the years, you will reach the “Rifugio Sapienza Etna”. Here the Emotion Etna 3000 m begins.
By cable car you will reach an altitude of 2500 m and will eventually get up to 2900 m by special unimog vehicles. The area you will find yourself in now, is called “Torre del Filosofo” at the foot of the main crater. From here you will have a stunning view over the Mediterranean, if weather permitting.
A competent guide will accompany you during a approx. 40 minutes tour, visiting the hot smoking craters, born after the 2002-2003 eruption. Back at Rifugio Sapienza, the tour ends after a short ride in the car with the visit of a real lava cave equipped with helmets and torches.
- Tours are easy and accessible to everyone.
- We recommend sturdy shoes, adequate clothes according to the weather, a bottle of water and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA, of course!
- On request we can provide child safety seat or booster seat (free)
- In the area range of Catania pick up and drop-off at your hotel, camping, pension, rented house, railway station, port, etc. is included. Possibility to meet at the highway exit (in case you travel with your own car)
- Including 1 small bottle of water per person, and if scheduled: equipment such as trekking poles, helmet and flashlight
- Pick up outside of Catania (e.g. Taormina, Syracuse etc.) on request
- Children under 12 years pay 10 euro less
- Inclusive of cable car and special jeep
- Including visit of a lava cave
- Rental of trekking shoes on request. € 5,00
- per person (min. 2 persons)
- per person (min. 3 persons)
- per person (min. 4 persons)
Including pick up at your hotel in Catania
The price includes EURO 60,00 / person cost of cable car and Unimog
Prices are inclusive of taxes and insurance
FREE Cancellation until 6:00 pm one day before tour beginning