Did you know that..?
Sicily is home to UNESCO World Heritage sites.
On the island there are some of the most important buildings and natural phenomena in the world. Sicily is rich of history, culture and nature. Already in 1997, the first two sites were added to the list, the most recent declaration took place in 2015. You’ll enjoy your holiday, whether you are a cultural lover or a nature lover. We have created a list for you to have all Unesco sites at a glance. The best reasons to book your next holiday in Sicily.
- 1997:1997: Archaeological sites of Agrigento
- 1997: Roman Villa del Casale
- 2002: Late baroque towns of the Val di Noto
- 2005: Syracuse and rock chamber tombs of Pantalica
- 2015: Arabic-Norman Palermo and the cathedrals of Cefalù and Monreale
Not included in the list yet and currently only suggested, but in any case worth a visit:
- Motya und Lilibeo
- Taormina and the Isola Bella
Take a look at our day trips Sicily, too.