In Sicily we do not celebrate Halloween, or rather we celebrate it now but without much conviction. This brand new Anglo-Saxon tradition, in fact, could not replace yet our age-old “Dead Souls’ Night”, linked to myths and legends and … yes, even to witches and typically local ghosts. (more…)Posted on:
… like spring in your nose …
A mixture of freshly cut grass, crispy artichokes and aromatic herbs jumps right towards you. The oil of Mount Etna olives is considered as valuable as gold in Sicily. Its intense aroma and taste make it an essential ingredient for the locals, that cannot be lacking in their cuisine.
In the afternoon of the 12th April 2012, it came at the New Southeast Crater of Mount Etna once an outbreak, the 24th since the start of the eruptive phase, in January 2011 and the 6th in the current year. The event was after a interval of 10 days of relative calm and was like in almost all important features such as fountains, intense emission of ash and small Lavastones, and lava flowed toward the Valle del Bove, the previous one.
Already after 3 hours it was all over.
More eruptions – Etna Activity 2012
- Eruption from 5th January 2012
- Eruption from 8 February 2012
- Eruption from 4 March 2012
- Eruption from 18 March 2012
- Eruption from 01 April 2012
Read what happened at the moment on Mount Etna.
We report on outbreaks, tremor and scientific knowledge. We show and explain to you video footage, pictures and seismographic records.
Etna 23 -24.04 2012
Our transfer and taxi service to and from the Comiso Airport (CIY) of Comiso operates ports, railway stations, hotels and private residences in Sicily.
All drivers and vehicles are insured and fully licensed.
Reservation is free.
You only pay the agreed fixed price.
Benefits if you use our airport transfer service:
- You don’t have to wait for a taxi, we are waiting for you
- You will recognize our driver immediately, he will have a sign with your written name
- Exclusive favourable fixed price. No unpleasant surprises for you.
- Vehicle is exclusively for you. It won’t be shared with others.
- Free child seats on request
- You will reach your destination in the fastest and most pleasant way
Concerning prices for not listed destinations or groups of more than 8 or 16 people contact us by phone +39 346 3030429 or send us an e-mail.
Etna Golf Resort – Il Picciolo Golf Club – Golf Resort Le Madonie – Golf Resort Verdura – Golf Resort DonnafugataPosted on: